Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best Laid Plans

The afternoon of Christmas Eve I still had not crawled out of bed. I had severe chills and couldn't breathe. I knew I had to start getting everyone ready for our family celebration at my grandma's but it was becoming obvious that it was not going to happen. I could not breathe. I could not stand for more than 30 seconds.

We decided on packing up the kids and dropping them off at my grandma's with my family and then hubby and I would continue on to the hospital. By the time I walked inside I was grabbing my chest gasping for air. The ER was completely empty and I was seen in triage within 1 minute of walking in. The nurse took my temp and it was 102 WITH fever reducers in me an hour before. So he put me in a room quickly and a bunch of people swarmed in. I was severely dehydrated. They tried to start an IV but could not find a vein due to how sick I was. They finally got it in and started fluids, pain meds and breathing treatments. They took a chest x-ray which later confirmed that I had Pneumonia. Everyone was really nice and I was in and out within 2 hours. We picked up the kids and headed home. I was still miserable.

Christmas morning I was able to sit up and enjoy the kids opening their gifts but after that I had to be in bed. Two days later and I still can't be out of bed for more than a couple of minutes. The kids loved all of their stuff so it ended up being a good Christmas just very stressful and painful for me. I am a LONG way off from being well. I never knew how bad pneumonia truly is. Needless to say I have very few pics to share since I was having to lay down and be very still. Here are my favs for now.


Remember Lite Brites? Seriously fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment