Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas ramblings

I have officially run out of room under the tree which means that Santa is going to have to get creative when he drops off presents. The kids are so excited for Christmas Eve ( we go to my grandma's house every year and open the presents from my family) and to wake up on Christmas morning and open the presents from Santa and mom and dad. They have been counting down the days and I am asked the exact count several times a day.

I am done with my shopping for the kids. These past few weeks I have picked stuff up here and there for the kids stockings. I was afraid I would not get enough stuff to fill them and have to run out at the last minute. That however is not the case. I went through their stuff last night and now I have no clue how I will get everything IN their stockings. I must have spent a fortune on the stockings alone.

I also wrapped the kids last presents from us ( pillow pets since each child requested one from us) last night and the only thing left to do is wrap and hide the Santa presents so we are ready to go. I feel less stressed than I did last year because I am more prepared this year. Things are pretty much in order and I am looking forward to seeing the joy on my kids faces.


This is our first year without my father-in-law and we know it is going to be tough. :(
Our tradition has always been to go to my grandma's on Christmas Eve, come home and go to bed and then wake up Christmas morning to open the gifts from us and Santa. Then we always have a big breakfast and head over to the in-laws for the day. This year that will not be happening. My mother-in-law is currently in England so we will not even get to go see her this year. I know the kids will feel this difference. They are going to realize it is different this year so I have a plan. IF things go sour after the morning excitement and they start to get antsy we are going to pack up and head to the movie theater right down the street from us. I am praying that it doesn't affect their day too much and I hope they are so thrilled with their new stuff that they keep busy playing. But just in case we have that back-up.

Less than a week left. Are you guys ready? What are some Christmas traditions in your family?

1 comment:

  1. We are ready, I purchased our last gift this morning.. We will go to church on Friday, come home and watch Christmas movies while eating fettucine alfredo. Christmas morning we will get up and unwrap gifts, and then enjoy the day as a family playing with the new board games.. We are thinking about going to the movies, however we need to keep things low key for Tobi..

    ReplyDelete