Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Making do

We received our w2 this week and I have to say that when I saw the amount of money we actually made last year I was bothered by our spending habits. We made more than I realized and have nothing to show for it. This has helped open my eyes to our spending habits and areas we can improve. I have always loved shopping but lately I have lost that urge. I am finding myself wanting to search on craigslist for things we need or to re purpose or reuse what we already have.

A few of my dining room chairs have seen better days. They were all in great shape when I bought the set used a few years back but they have since seen a lot of wear. One of them was in really bad shape and a few others need repair. I thought about buying all new chairs or even a new dining set but realized that I didn't really want another set or to buy all new chairs. Then I remembered that I had an extra chair from the set I had purchased from a young college student before I bought this one. One of the chairs I already had at the table. One I keep in my room and another I had given to my aunt. I still had the fourth one outside. So I brought it in and cleaned it up.

In my flickr account I have saved tons of photos of non matching dining room sets. I LOVE the look because it is fun and playful. I must say that I am completely happy with my dining nook. Some people have to have their chairs all matching but I am not one of those people. I have a look I love for $0 out of my pocket. Can't beat that!


1 comment: