Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Thoughts

There are a lot of thoughts swimming around my head lately and I just want to get some of them out.

* I have been obsessed lately with decluttering. I want to rid our home of so much stuff that we don't need, use or love. In high school I had a key chain that read " The one who dies with the most toys wins." I absolutely do not feel like that anymore. I really want to live a simple life.

* I really want my computer back. :( I am currently using hubs mini notebook and I HATE this thing. I can't type because the keyboard is so tiny. I appreciate it because I can still get online but I am hoping and praying that my poor laptop makes it through what my brother-in-law is doing to try to fix it.

* My kids are growing up way too quickly. I blink and they grow another 5 inches. It is making me sad to face reality that the baby days are behind us. I love love love having babies/toddlers in the house.

* I am tired. Non stop errands, appointments, de-cluttering, cleaning, etc. is finally taking it's toll on me. I need a nap. BAD.

* Aside from the pure exhaustion and the fact that the baby days are behind us I am feeling extremely thankful for my life and the people in it. I love my kiddos and husband so very much and each day I thank God for them. This stage of our lives is passing so quickly and I want to hold on to every moment and memory of this time.

* As each day goes by I am more and more thankful for our house. This is truly the one place that has ever felt like home. This IS home. It doesn't matter that we rent it.

* I have been making time to do hobbies and such that I want to do. Making time for yourself each night really does help you be a better mother. Trust me on that one.

I have more things to get down but I have two children in the tub who are needing their hair washed so maybe next time I will get the rest down.

1 comment:

  1. The time with the kids does go by so quickly...glad to hear that you are enjoying every minute of it!

    When my mom moved several years ago after having lived in the same house for a LONG time, we helped her pack things up. I learned one big lesson from that.....do not keep anything that is not of utmost importance!!!!

    ReplyDelete