Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Highlights

I was going to post this tomorrow but I can't sleep so I might as well do it tonight. I could write a huge page on how hubs birthday went but instead I am going to give you all the highlights. Our neighbors/great friends ended up buying hubs a grill for his b-day. We had 13 adults and 7 children to cook for. It was crazy fun around here. We blocked the kids in the yard and driveway using vehicles and they spent over 5 hours outside playing. They didn't even take any toys out there. All they played with was the box from the grill, dirt, rocks, sand, grass and some water. FOR FIVE HOURS!!

When it was time to feed them we used the grill box as a fast table setup. I couldn't help but think that this is EXACTLY what kids should be doing. Playing outside with nature and friends running around and being a kid. The food was great. We grilled steak, hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage and fajitas. Great friends and great food until after dark. It was a super fun way to celebrate hubs turning 28!

( Don't worry. The boy is drinking an IBC Root Beer not actual alcohol. I had to get a pic cause it was too funny the way he was holding it.)

The kids easy table setup. Macie was so worn out she fell asleep on our neighbors lap around 8:00. When I put them in the bath they were so dirty that the side of the tub had mud dripping down it from them crawling in. They were filthy and could not have been happier.

I am so glad we gave hubs a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment