Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blueberries! Blueberries! Blueberries!

I decided on Friday that I wanted to take the kids blueberry picking this weekend. I was very nervous about taking them by myself and on opening weekend no less. Our trip ended up being wonderful. The kids behaved and were so excited. We had conversations about everything while we were picking and just enjoyed the moment.

We waited till the evening to go because of the heat. We collected over ten pounds total! My oh my we have a lot of blueberries. I divided them all up last night and hope to go back several times next month. Macie was most excited about the picking. After about 20 mins the boy and Makayla wanted to leave but Macie made it clear that we were NOT leaving that early. When the boy complained that his bucket was too heavy Macie told him she would carry it so he didn't have to. Awwww. Love this pic because we were leaving and Macie was still shoveling in the berries. I think she ate about 2 pounds while picking. Once home I divided up the berries. I froze 21 cups and the rest I washed for jam, muffins, pancakes, etc.Oh and see that crystal bowl? $.50 at a garage sale yesterday morning. I also found a real Le Creuset pot for $.50!!! I was freaking out. It is missing the lid but who cares? I looked it up online and it is worth $80.00.

This morning I made blueberry pancakes. Yum. I am so glad that we went. Jam is in the plans for this week.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be able to pick blueberries.. We eat alot of blueberry and I would love to make some blueberry freezer jam, and syrup

    ReplyDelete