I am kinda ready for summer. I don't appreciate the heat but what I am going to appreciate is the slower pace. We have been living 90 miles an hour since last August and I am tired. Looking forward to......
* Sleeping in!!!
* a trip planned with one of my best friends where we will spend the weekend at the beach with FIVE children.
* A trip planned with another one of my closest friends. We are taking all our kids ( 5 again) to a natural springs swimming spot. This is going to be a much longer drive than the beach.
* Blueberry picking and then preserving ( freezing, canning, turning into jelly)
* Doing THIS craft. Oh I can't wait for this one. :)
* Playing outside in the evenings
* LOTS of grilling with lots of friends over. We seem to have found our groove with this one.
* Kids running through the hose and hopefully we will get a kiddy pool for them as well.
* The joy of not having to do anything or go anywhere. In fact I might just start grocery shopping once every 2 weeks or maybe even 3-4 just so I don't have to get in my car
* Enjoying the food grown in our own backyard.
* My girls in sun dresses and flip flops.
I want to make this summer a truly good one. Come the end of August it is back to school and this year the boy will be going to pre-K for half a day. That scares me and makes me incredibly sad. But he is ready and it is going to be ok. Only a week left.