Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Glory Days

Years ago I read a story somewhere online. The writer said that she was dealing with her two young kids in the store and feeling frazzled and an older woman walked past and told her that these were her glory days. She then said that she started looking at her day differently and was very thankful for the stage her kids were in.

I didn't quite understand until recently. I was watching my kids play and listening to the girls exchange stories from school. Fights over toys broke out and were settled. They carried on playing. When I stopped to actually watch all this I realized that these are my glory days. No matter how hard things may get raising three kids within three years of each other these are still the best days of my life. Hands down. When I am fifty and have the grand kids over I know I will think about these days. I know I will miss them.

So even when things are rough and I feel frazzled and lost I think about this. I am grateful for these days. I am grateful for these three children who completely changed our lives.

These are my glory days.

1 comment: