Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Old shelf, New life

The kids have had a desk with a hutch shelving unit on top for a few years. During the past few months that desk started to get on my nerves in their room. It shrunk the room because of it's massive size. I decided that I was going to get rid of the entire thing but when I started moving it out of the kids room I decided that I wanted them to still have their desk but not the hutch. So we moved it into the living room temporarily until we could drag it out to the trash.

It sat there for a few days until I had a light bulb moment. I had been planning to get a very slim table or shelf to go between the living room and kitchen but I hadn't found anything I could use yet. I moved it over to the open spot and voila! The shelf I needed for $0! My kind of price. I do plan on painting it eventually but I'm not too worried about it at this time. It works perfectly for what I needed and it doesn't stick out enough to hinder our path.

I love re-purposing old things!

No comments:

Post a Comment