Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Loss, realization and a question

Sometimes it's hard to post about certain things. I want to get them out but don't really know where to start.

On Father's Day my uncle passed away. This is the one who lived next door to me my whole life. Our hearts hurt for our loss and for my aunt who has to live without her husband now. This is a very rough time for our family but I have faith that we will get through it together.

One thing that has come out of all this is the realization of just how precious our time together is. I don't want to waste hours each day just trying to keep up with my house when I could be playing with my kids. This is why I am on my de-cluttering spree.

I am curious if any of you guys would like me to post about my progress? My de-cluttering posts usually get a ton of traffic. Speak up and let me know. If I don't get many responses I probably won't post too much about it.

I have plenty of summer stuff to post too (blueberry picking this weekend) so it will be a good mix. I might even do a giveaway at the end of my purging. That will depend on how many readers I have at the time.

So are you interested in seeing my progress?

* throwing a photo in that I love since they are my main reason for wanting to make changes.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your family's loss. May God wrap His arms around you and your family during this time.

    I would love to see about your de-cluttering/purging progress etc. Currently am in the process of doing so,and just when I think I can't do it any more,I need your motivation. Just recently I set at the curb about 12 huge bags of stuff and there is more that needs to go.So I say post away please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss.. I would love to read about your decluttering and purging as I am in the process of doing the same thing in our small home..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your uncle.

    I'd love to hear more about your decluttering. I'm actually quite opposite- I love my stuff and being surrounded by tangible memories. But I do need to pare things down and you are very inspiring, so please keep including your progress.

    ReplyDelete