Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saying Goodbye

We said goodbye to my Uncle today. It was a beautiful but very emotional service. The funeral home made a lovely slideshow of photos that they played on two screens during the service. There were some photos of me and him when I was little and a couple of the girls with him as well.

I had forgotten that my uncle had served in the military. One of the most beautiful parts of the service was at the gravesite when my aunt was presented with the American flag.

When we got home I had a splitting headache. I ordered pizza for lunch so I wouldn't have to be in the kitchen standing. The rest of the day has been quite. Well except for when the boy didn't take a nap with the rest of us and went to fill Tink's glass water bottle and shattered it. I'm about to be on my way to Petco.

As we were leaving my aunt told me
to take some of the roses that were in an arrangement there. I have them sitting on my windowsill in the kitchen now.

My grandma told me today that we had a long time with him and we should be very thankful for that. Trust me when I say..... I AM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment