Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Village

I picked up my entire childhood Christmas village this weekend when the kids visited my mom. I came home and set them all up while taking a trip down memory lane. I can't tell you how many hours were spent each Christmas playing with my dollhouse babies caroling through the village. The memories I have of this collection are priceless.

I was able to get most of them on my desk with the exception of the toy store so it has it's own spot this year. When I was unwrapping everything from the box I discovered that most of the light connections are lost or gone. So only a few are lit this year. I'm going to try to find some to replace the ones gone and hopefully next year the village will be all lit up. Either way it is such a special collection to me and the kids are just as excited to have it this year.

The church and several others were completely painted by my mom during my childhood. When the kids get married and start a family we will divide up the village and pass them down.

The photos don't even come close to doing justice but I want to share them anyway.













1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a couple of cute christmas houses. I think I`ll start watching out for those.

    ReplyDelete