We kept with the tradition and got fireworks for the kids last night. It had been raining all day and was still misting when we started the show.
I ended up burning my wrist pretty bad because I didn't pay attention. I was holding one of the sticks to light the fireworks and I got distracted. Next thing I knew something that felt like lava was hitting my wrist. Ouch.
The kids loved it though. The girls even made it till midnight. Their first new years staying up. When we came inside the kids put on party hats and masks and we toasted the new year with sprite in wine glasses.