Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer Hopes

It is already so hot outside I do not want to venture out. This summer is going to be pretty miserable as far as the heat goes. The girls already have a ton of stuff planned out for the summer. I promised them that certain things would be done no matter what and the rest we have to play by ear.

blueberry picking ( several times and at least once by myself hopefully)
Beach
Waterpark (Around $200 entrance fee for a family of 5 but it was the most important thing to the girls. Sigh.)
Zoo
Museum
pool
park ( in this heat I am not so sure)
mini golf (again)

We are also getting a little cheap plastic pool to put in the backyard. I wanted to get a really neat inflatable one but with the dogs it would be destroyed by nails within 2 minutes of being set up.

Along with the kids hopes for the summer come a few of mine.
I want to can salsa and blueberries. I mean I really really really want to do this. But first I have to learn to can. Hmmmmm.

I also want all 5 of us to pile in the van and go on a road trip with absolutely no destination in mind. Just stop along the way wherever we feel like it and see what we find. If you ask my husband he would tell you that this is just a fantasy of mine that will never happen but I am counting on my super powered persuasion to change his mind. I am not holding my breathe though.

You could say we have high hopes for the summer. The money will probably be a factor in the end. We have both of the girls to buy new wardrobes and school supplies for so we might have to cut back on a few of the more expensive hopes for the summer. The one thing we know we HAVE to do is the waterpark since the girls have been obsessed with the idea for well over a year.

Hopefully there will also be lots of laid back lounging around too. Although my kids will still wake up at 7:00 a.m and they refuse naps now but hey...I can dream right?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great summer. we are hoping to go to the zoo, the children's museum, some Rockies baseball games and hopefully we can take a few camping trips. I also would love to learn to can this summer and put up some tomato sauce, peaches and bread and butter pickles

    ReplyDelete