Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Canning bread

I decided tonight that nothing was going to stop me from making the canned quick bread. So I bought the few things I needed that I didn't have and set to work. My neighbor came over and we made them after the kids were down. Originally I was going to make the pumpkin version but that fell through when I realized the store sold her a can of pumpkin that expired last summer. So we did the cranberry version instead. I haven't tasted them yet but they sealed perfectly!!

We really enjoyed making them and plan on doing many more in the near future. I found the post here and followed her link to the original post. I LOVE finding stuff like this online.

ETA: We tasted a jar this morning and it was great! The kids ate a whole jar of it for breakfast.


1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try this. Those would make great gifts, for the holidays

    ReplyDelete