Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Today

I wasn't going to post today but here I am anyway. Today was actually not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. Last night right before hubby got home I decided to take a shower. While I was in hubs came home and came into the bathroom for a few seconds to let me know he was home. I finished taking my shower and started getting dressed. Then I noticed it. The cutest little stuffed doggy was sitting on the bathroom counter. He sings and the fan on the heart lights up and spells out I love you and be mine. SO cute! In the photo if you look really hard you can see some of the words. It was really hard to catch a photo while it was spinning.

I was so surprised because hubs had told me that we would never celebrate the holiday again after losing his dad on that day. I accepted that and understood. But then he went and thought of me anyway and I love him for it. I know it was hard for him to acknowledge the day.


Today actually went rather smoothly. Right now the kids are all clean and eating a bedtime snack of yogurt while watching Tarzan. My heart is very full tonight. Hubs is handling it pretty well today too. I guess I have a little peace with everything now. There have been moments that killed me inside today but I know it is going to be ok. Focusing on the positive is really helping.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. I'm glad today went better than you thought it would. :)

    ReplyDelete