Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Evenings spent outside

We have been spending a lot of time outside lately. My favorite time of day is when the sun is starting to go down. Everything gets calm and peaceful. Well almost everything. My kids are always on the go. We spent tonight outside washing our cars and then playing with the neighbors.

The kids were so excited to wash the van. I let them all take turns with the hose and gave them each a rag to wash it down.


Shortly after we were done we sent the kids inside to get on some dry clothes and right about that time our neighbors were coming over. We spent 2 years living here and not knowing the neighbors across the street and last week we decided to invite them over for bbq ( post further down). Turns out they have 3 boys ages 3(twins) and 5. They are so much like us and we have really hit it off. So tonight the kids played crazy and tomorrow they are coming over again to play and grill.

They have a pet snake and brought it over tonight. My girls were FEARLESS and held it.

I am LOVING these evenings and the fact that we have a little community around us where we can get together evenings and weekends. That was always so important to me when I thought about what I wanted for our kids. I am feeling so incredibly lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment