Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Warm memories

A few weeks ago I was on the phone with my grandmother. We were talking about the kids and she told me the sweetest story. When she was little they lived in the country. She was about Macie's age and had to walk a mile or two one way to school every single day and back home again. Sometimes it was raining or freezing cold but they had no choice. She said that one of her best memories was her mom always having something prepared for them to eat when they got home. Sometimes it was warm bread, a pot of beans, or soup but there was always something ready for the kids to snack on.

I want my kids to have warm memories like that too. They always get an after school snack but I try to make something homemade for them. Today I made banana sour cream bread. The recipe is here.

I love that I can give my kids some home baked yummy treats after a long day at school.
Maybe one day they will be telling their grandkids about the food I made for them.

1 comment:

  1. This bread is a favorite around here.. It is suppose to be really cold and rainy here today, I may have to make a loaf..

    ReplyDelete