Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

First day of summer vacation

I'm not going to lie. Today was rough. The kids have been together one day and have already tried to kill each other.

I got the pool up and running again. It was a huge battle because the last few inches of green water would not leave because the drain is too high on the side. Thankfully a huge thunderstorm blew through last night and after 5 minutes of hard rain it flushed out all the algae water. Hooray! So today I refilled it and did everything else necessary to make it swim worthy.

As soon as we were going to get in today another storm was on its way. I told the kids we could swim until I said to get out in case of lightning. They got about 15 minutes swim time in before I had to call it quits for safety.

After that we dried off and the kids watched a movie and ate a snack while the storm raged outside. I LOVE storms. I would be thrilled if it stormed 365 days a year. Seriously. It makes me super happy. We are hunkered down for another round of storms tonight. I hope tomorrow goes better as far as the kids attitudes toward each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment