Sunday, June 17, 2012

Parfait cup memories

One of my favorite memories of my childhood are the glass parfait cups my mom used to serve jello and pudding. I look back at the memory of those cups and realize that even though it was something completely ordinary it stuck with me. Just happy memories of simple pleasures.

A few years ago I spied those same parfait cups in my moms kitchen cabinet. I begged her to let me have them and she laughed at the fact that I remembered them so fondly. She pulled them down and happily sent them home with me.

While the kids were in the pool yesterday evening I decided to pull them down and make a quick treat for my kiddos. These parfait cups serve as a great reminder that even small things can influence our children's minds. We should give thought to even the little insignificant things.

No comments:

Post a Comment