Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Works for me

I have been trying to only use ibuprofen during the day to ease my pain the last few days. However, around 1:00 to 2:00 it starts getting the better of me and I have to take a pain pill. My solution for the kids during this time? A family nap.

I make them lay down in the living room while I lay on the couch. I can rest, get some pain relief and keep an eye on them at the same time.

It has worked pretty well for me. They know I don't feel good (they can clearly see the rash on my leg) and so they understand I need to take a break. Sometimes I make them sleep and other times I let them watch a movie as long as they remain in their designated spot. This probably wouldn't work if they were still toddlers. But right now this solution has been my saving grace.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel for you my friend.. I had shingles in 2000, and they were horrible. On a good note though it is how I ended up with my husband. I was in so much pain, I could not ride the bus home from work, so Shane volunteered to bring me home, we started hanging out and now here we are 12 years later with 2 little boys.. Feel free to email me if you need to chat..

    ReplyDelete