Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One way to do it

I don't know about the rest of you but socks are my enemy. They breed at night and run away from home often. Socks are my laundry downfall. I had at least 50-70 that didn't have mates. I kept hoping that one day I would magically find the missing ones while cleaning or catching up on laundry. No luck.

I had all these mismatched socks creeping into our laundry baskets and I couldn't take it anymore.

My solution?? I THREW THEM ALL AWAY!! Every single pair of the kids socks ended up in the trash. They all got new ones for school anyway so throwing away all the ones from previous years really didn't hurt any. In fact it felt great!

Now all I have to worry about are the new pairs I bought them. And to help I'm keeping them down to no more than 10 pair a piece. Let's face it. Macie loathes socks anyway and only wears them in winter because I force her too. No need for 39 different pairs for each kid.

Simplifying! You won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. When socks come off feet and before they are thrown in the hamper we safety pin them together.. So they go in as a pair and come out as a pair..

    ReplyDelete