Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Charity Baking

A few days ago I was contacted by the wonderful lady who gave my kids free swimming lessons two years back. She said that she has a friend who has done charity work in Haiti and she is going back at Christmas. She's raising money to surprise the kids with gifts when she returns and so she is having a bake sale this weekend.

I had mentioned years ago that I liked to bake so she wanted to know if I would like to make something to contribute. How could I say no to such a sweet cause and how could I say no to the woman who has been so great to our family? I ended up making 4 dozen pumpkin chip muffins.

I have to admit that I was very nervous about baking for people who were going to be paying for my muffins. Thankfully they turned out perfect and my fears are a little bit eased.

I'm going to be praying that both the bake sale and the trip go smoothly and that the children she visits will be filled with happiness in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment