Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Be thankful and pray always

As I am typing this my three babies are warm and snuggled into their beds. (And one is actually in our bed.) The Christmas
tree lights are glowing and everything is packed and ready to go for our marathon baking day at my friends house tomorrow.

I am feeling very blessed. Way too many families have been devastated today by an absolutely senseless tragedy. I have cried. And prayed. And cried some more and then prayed some more. There is nothing I can do or say to take that pain away but I will remind you all to keep every single person involved in your prayers.

Kiss your kids and hug them tight. Don't let a single day go by where you don't thank God for their safety. This evening we kept a candle going until it burned down. Please keep these families, children and parents in your thoughts and prayers. My heart is so heavy tonight and even that does not begin to compare to what too many parents are feeling right now.

So during your holiday shopping and hustle and bustle please pause and realize how incredibly blessed you truly are. It doesn't matter how many presents are under your tree. It doesn't matter how many bedrooms you have in your house. It matters that you are all safe and healthy together.

I'm praying that you all have a blessed holiday season with the people who mean the most to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment