Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day

I broke our Christmas up into three posts so make sure you go back to read them all if you are interested.

After I got the text from my mother-in-law saying they had lost power I called her to see what was going on. Apparently a tree had fallen on their power lines and severe weather had knocked power out to almost the whole town. The turkey was done and the pies were done but she couldn't finish cooking the rest.

We went back and forth on what to do. It's an hour drive there and an hour drive back so we wanted to make sure it would be worth it. Finally she called and said they were working on restoring the power so we packed up and headed up there. By the time we made it there everything was back on.

We had a delicious meal and then opened our presents. We got home right as it was turning dark. It was a long day but a good one. The kids saw their cousin again and had so much fun playing. I didn't take any pictures while there for some reason. I did take one on the way home though. I actually fell asleep for about 40 minutes on the way home and when I woke up I noticed the boy was passed out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment