Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

I am going to be breaking our Christmas up into several posts. I'll start with Christmas eve. Normally for the past 50 years our family goes to my grandmas. Unfortunately the last year has brought way too many unwelcome changes and we did not go for the first time in my entire life.

We went to my moms first and then my aunts. It was different. But we still had fun and the kids came out with so much loot.

My grandma gave me a gift that made me burst into tears. It was a small 4X6 album with photos from my childhood. There are some with my dad and mom and some with my dad and me. I only have one photo of my parents together and when I saw all these I just couldn't believe what an awesome gift my grandma gave me. There are even some of my uncle who passed away this summer. It was a very thoughtful and special gift.

I didn't take many photos at all because it was a little hectic. My aunt got a new tree this year and it was beautiful. This is the first year she has ever had clear lights.

After we were done spending time with my family it was home to set out milk and cookies for Santa. This year the girls know the truth (kids were starting to really make fun of them for still believing) and they did an excellent job of keeping the excitement going for their little brother. I put them to bed and watched Batman with hubs. Then did the whole Santa thing and finally turned in around 1:45 a.m.





No comments:

Post a Comment