Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goals??

I really don't like making new years resolutions. I feel like they are a setup for failure and by January 15th most people forget what their goals were. (I'm not saying this happens to everybody but a lot of people it does. Me being one of them.)

With that being said I felt the need to set a few goals for myself. This is going to be a big year for me. I know it's coming. I'm hoping that a list of goals/hopes will help me stay focused. Maybe at the end of the year I will do a post on what goals I kept. We will see how I do.

1. Start a career. I am about a month away from my degree. I am excited, nervous, scared, anxious. This one is huge for me. Life changing.

2. Hit my weight lost goal. This is another big one for me. I'm down 23. Only a million left to go it feels like.

3. Volunteer in the school clinic every week at least once. I'm doing good so far on the once a week. I'm hoping to continue it for at least this school year. Not sure what will happen once I start my career but I'm fairly certain I can squeeze it in at least occasionally.

4. Wear makeup everyday or at least almost every day. I used to wear makeup every single day. After having kids it became non existent on the priority list. I'd like to get back to it.

5. Learn patience with my kids. This is probably my biggest goal. I love my kids. They are my life. My awful little secret.... I have ZERO patience. ZERO. Helping with homework? By problem #2 I am frustrated, pulling out my hair and telling whichever kid it is to wait till daddy gets home to help them. Playing the Lego pirate game has been really nice because I have forced myself to be more patient. It's hard. But I'm trying.

There's some other smaller goals I have but I'm tired and can't really think of them right now. Plus they aren't as important as the ones above. I do plan to post more pictures of myself this year. I know blog readers love to see the person behind the blog so that is one of my small goals.

2013. You are gonna be BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment