Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

On my mind and the 2nd day of school

Lately I have been missing the way I used to blog. Years ago I recorded so much of our lives and when I look back I really miss that. I think I'm going to start doing that again and not worry about how many views I'm getting. 

This summer really wasn't easy. Halfway through our beloved pool broke (sliced open at the bottom while the kids were swimming) and then Makayla's surgery and other dentist appts put a kink in the rest of the time. I'm glad to be back to a routine. I've been thinking about so much these days and while I truly believe this stage in my kids lives is WAY harder than when I had 3 in diapers I am also figuring out exactly who my kids are. 

These ages are challenging. They all have such distinct personalities. The girls could not be more different in every way possible. Most of the time we just take it day by day. Because really what else can we do? I'm going to try to blog more about things we have been doing. I don't just want to stop recording our lives simply because the kids aren't really little anymore. It's harder to blog now because while they do love me posting pics here and there, I also have to respect the things they do not want me to post about. It's part of that whole growing up thing you know? 

I'm thinking I'm going to try to blog everyday for a week and see if I can slowly get back into my groove. Thanks to all of my viewers. I know you guys are there (I see the stats) and I also know some of you have been here for years. So thanks so much for sticking around. 

This morning the girls were excited for their second day of school. The boy however was not. He had a massive meltdown yesterday evening due to sheer exhaustion. We weren't successful in getting the kids on a school schedule by the first day. They have gone to sleep between midnight and 2 a.m ALL summer long. Readjusting isn't easy. I grabbed a couple pics this morning before we left.

The boy would not cooperate so the one backpack picture I got he is leaning over the chair whining about standing there. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I remember those days of sending kids back to school. My kids were night owls in the summer too and we always had a hard time adjusting back to the school schedule!

    ReplyDelete