Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The girls sew and I am done with summer

I don't handle the summer well at all. I hate it. I've tried for several years now to turn those feelings around but I really do hate it. I am so glad that fall (my absolute favorite season) is just right around the corner. I find my groove again in September usually. Instead of many days of take out or ordering pizza my family finds home cooked goodness awaiting them for dinner and snacks. 

I am really excited to get away from the dreadful months of summer. I'm always in low spirits during those months and I need to pick back up. The kids getting back on a routine has helped and I know that it will slowly all turn around soon. 

Today my aunt came over to help the girls sew. My mother-in-law gave them both cute little animal felt pillow sewing kits and since I am awful at sewing we called in the expert. They worked all day and still aren't done. Macie LOVED sewing. She is completely hooked and already trying to plan more sewing activities. 

The rest of the weekend is going to be pretty slow. Nothing is planned and I hope to keep it that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment