Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

The big boy bed

I never really posted about the boys' big kid bed. He was still fitting into his toddler firetruck bed but with him starting kinder this year it was time to move up. I posted his firetruck on Craigslist and within 2 hours I had numerous inquiries. Within 3 hours it was sold. The price I got for it covered almost 1/3 of the cost of the new bed.

The following day we packed up and headed to a little furniture store my neighbor had told me about. Several problems came up and I ended up traveling there and back twice in one day. In the end I packed 4 kids, a twin mattress, headboard, footboard and frame into the minivan at one time. The sales guy thought I was crazy and said it wouldn't work. I politely told him it would and to wait and see how I make it work. We were packed in like sardines but we made it.

When we got home I was determined to put it together. Things went awry when the wood was not pre-drilled or marked. My aunt had to come over and we spent the next 3 hours with power tools. In the end the boy got an awesome new big kid bed.

It sits lower to the ground because the box spring is actually inside the mattress. Perfect height for him though.

And of course his babies are all very happy with the extra space. :-)

1 comment:

  1. great bed. My guys also got new beds this year and are much happier.. We had them in bunk beds and they hated it..

    ReplyDelete